Saturday, March 28, 2009

In Praise of Canadian Actresses


I've been struck recently to realise that a good many of the female performers in Movies and TV that fascinate me are from that country north of the USA. This has inspired me to list some of them along with where they first captured my attention. These are mostly recent attention grabbers, so I'm not including Fay Wray, Genevieve Bujold and Lois Maxwell.

Mia Kirshner (pictured above - Wolf Lake, TV series)
Sarah Polley (THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN)
Jessalyn Gilsig (Boston Public, TV series)
Laura Regan (THEY)
Polly Shannon (THE GIRL NEXT DOOR, TV movie)
Jewel Staite (Firefly, TV series)
Emily Perkins (GINGER SNAPS)
Katharine Isabelle (GINGER SNAPS)
Sonja Bennett (PUNCH)
Neve Campbell (SCREAM)
Emmanuelle Chriqui (SNOW DAY)
Caroline Dhavernas (Wonderfalls, TV series)
Laura Harris (Dead Like Me, TV series)
Leslie Hope (Line of Fire, TV series)
Missy Peregrym (Reaper, TV series)
Carrie-Anne Moss (THE MATRIX)
Kari Matchette (Invasion, TV series)
Rachel McAdams (Slings & Arrows, TV series)
Ellen Page (JUNO)
Molly Parker (INTENSITY, TV movie)
Sarah Strange (Da Vinci's Inquest, TV series)

3 comments:

  1. Mia Kirshner is appropriately at the head of the list. Mia Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was easily what I liked most about the entire series 24.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mia. She's incredibly gorgeous. I've loved her for years now.

    ReplyDelete