Sunday, January 8, 2017

My 10 favorite movie and TV viewings of 2016.

I can't do a "best of 2016" list as I've seen less than a handful of new movies from that year so far: CAPTAIN AMERICAN CIVIL WAR, SHIN GODZILLA, ZOOTOPIA, and DOCTOR STRANGE.
However, here is a list of the 10 best Movie and TV viewings I had in 2016.

The single best experience I had was attending the 2016 Los Angeles Italia Festival in February where I was introduced to films directed by Mario Martone including -
TEATRO DI GUERRA, aka REHEARSALS FOR WAR
L'AMORE MOLESTO, aka NASTY LOVE
NOI CREDEVAMO, aka WE BELIEVED

Director Mario Martone answered questions at screenings of his films at the 2016 Los Angeles Italia Festival.
 
Also at the Festival I loved -
CHE STRANO CHIAMARSI FEDERICO, aka HOW STRANGE TO BE NAMED FEDERICO by Ettore Scola
and L'ESTATE DI MARTINO, aka MARTINO'S SUMMER by Massimo Natale
At home I loved:
Mozart In the Jungle (seasons 1 and 2 on Amazon Prime)
LOVE & MERCY - Bill Pohlad's film about Brian Wilson
TANTALUS: BEHIND THE MASK - 2001 PBS documentary
THE WRECKING CREW - Denny Tedesco's documentary
WAR & PEACE (2016) - The six-part British mini-series which became a three part U.S. mini-series.

No comments:

Post a Comment