Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sergio Leone on THEY CALL ME TRINITY

Sergio Leone: When I went to see the first TRINITY, it seemed an imbecilic event; everyone laughing at it, and I didn't understand why. Terence Hill, alias Mario Girotti, told me once that they didn't think they were making a comic film, and at first it struck them as having turned out badly, too. The public was tired of seeing and hearing these idiocies in the Italian Westerns that came out in series. Enzo Barboni imitated me here and there; he'd been my cameraman years before. He was a good natured man - a naif - who understood that it was a small step from the exaggerations typical of the cretinous Westerns to comedy. But perhaps he arrived at this epiphany accidentally, only after the film was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment